Monday, October 26, 2009

Get to know Chris!

Hi! Chris here, I am so excited to be able to share little bit about myself with you! It has been such a blessing for Bethany and I to go through this process.
My story is one of gratitude and thankfulness. I was born into a family with loving parents and two brothers eagerly awaiting my arrival and one to follow. My father served in the military and growing up it was always exciting to go to work with dad and drive the big army trucks! He has always been there for us and continues to do the same. My mother worked out of home and that allowed her to always be there to care for me. She is a fabulous cook and I always looked forward to fresh cinnamon rolls Sunday morning. My mom is full of compassions and is excited to have another grandbaby!
Growing up I was the "typical" boy. I loved playing sports and getting dirty. I grew up with horses and loved riding and caring for them. As I got older my interest turned to more "horsepower" and I loved riding the four-wheeler with my friends. My sport was always, and will continue to be, football! I played football through high school and then coached junior high football for a few years.
I graduated high school in 2001 and knew my career would involve helping other people in some form. I earned my AAS degree in emergency medical technology and currently work as a career firefighter and paramedic. I love going to work everyday as each day is sure to bring a new challenge. I cant wait to be able to bring my child to work to enjoy the cool fire trucks and hopefully inspire them to be a firefighter like dad! I also work part-time a a flight paramedic and find it rewarding to care for critically ill or injured patients.
On my days off I enjoy doing things outdoors. I enjoy mountain biking with my buddies from work and I have even gotten Bethany involved in riding and she loves it! Recently my friend Brandon introduced me to sport climbing, and I have fallen in love with it. We try to go as often as possible and it will be so exciting to teach our child to climb with us! I also enjoy fishing with my crazy father in-law! And when we need a break from fishing I like to tube behind our boat. In the winter time I enjoy the snow. I grew up skiing and Bethany grew up snowboarding. I am now trying to learn how to snowboard and am starting to get the hang of it.
Bethany and I, along with my brother Josh and his wife Tyla, are youth leaders for the grades 6-12 at our church. Its is such a cool experience to be able to spend time with them and to help spread the word of God to them. I think this compassion to serve God by serving others came from my brother Jeremy.
Religion is a very important aspect of my life. I believe that there is one true God and that he sent his only son to die on a cross for my sins. God is a fundamental building block of both my life and my marriage. To be able to share God's love will be the single most important part of raising our child.
I hope this has given you a small insight to my life. I am so excited to grow our family and can't wait to be a dad! I pray that you will be comforted at this time of your life and I thank you for considering letting Bethany and I, love and care for your baby.
Chris